Our goal is to provide our guests with a consistent level of excellent service. Every guest who walks through our doors should be greeted with a smile, friendliness, warmth and sincerity. Customer Service begins with the guest’s first impression of you and their first impression is formed by what they see. If you look professional and ready to serve, guests will assume that you are competent and that you know what you are doing. To be a successful member of our team your behavior, appearance, knowledge and skill must be exceptional.
We need our guests to come back and enjoy many events. By being pleasant and helpful and making them feel welcome and appreciated, you can enhance their entertainment experience.
Essential Job Functions:
The primary responsibility of this position is guest safety and the security of the Arena with an emphasis on guest service. It is the responsibility of the Event Staff to enforce all rules, regulations and policies of the Cross Insurance Arena. Some of your responsibilities are listed below, but are not limited to the following:
- Be in assigned uniform at all times while on duty.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Attend to your assigned position during the course of the event – DO NOT LEAVE UNLESS YOU ARE REPLACED.
- Secure entrance doors, escalators, stairwells, lobbies and backstage areas.
- Have knowledge of building layout, including restrooms and exits
- Have knowledge of all rules and regulations for admittance to your area.
- Have knowledge of all authorized credentials.
- Monitor guests and enforce rules.
- Assist in crowd management, seating discrepancies, clearing aisles and settling disputes.
- Inform Supervisor of developing problem.
- Respond in a quick and professional manner to incidents.
- Be aware of all special functions or activities that occur during the event.
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Effective oral communication and writing skills in the English language
- Ability to interact with guests and staff on a professional basis
- Must have a earned a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to nights, weekends and select holidays
Intellectual/Social/Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social/physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly stands and/or moves about/around the facility to observe, report and provide superior service; constantly communicates with others to exchange accurate information and provide customer service.
- The essential functions of this position are usually performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.